Follow our Feed

Follow our Feed

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Youth Hunting - Rant - Complain - Fat Southerners

I promise not to do this too often.
But today is a "Special" day where I feel fiesty.  I am going to point the finger at the outdoor industry as a whole.  Why on this good green Earth are there no hunting and fishing shows or print articles focused on youth?   Why do MOST of the outdoorsmen and magazines all say "Take a kid fishing or hunting!" 
Like we're all supposed to do it.
Then they produce a whole year of content with NO KIDS.  As you well know, we have plenthora of fat, southern, camo clad, chin bearded yuckity, yucks out there encouraging us to do what they won't.  (Maybe I should get fat and grow facial hair - then people would listen to me!!!)
 
Yes, there are kid pictures in some of the print stuff - that's about it. 
Here's food for thought.  Apple puts their computers in every school possible.  Interestingly as I travel for my real job, I see more than half the young professionals (say under 30) dragging around a Mac.  It's called planning for the future, building a customer base, brainwashing is the 60's way to say it.
 
Oh, and by the way.  If one of you outdoor personalities, manufacturer's, or sales reps thinks putting kids on TV and in print is a good idea.
Forget that.
They are web, blog, you tube, and social media focused.  Print is going to die, TV has too many channels and in 10 years will evolve.  Why wait for TV when you pick and choose video clips on the web.  Your target market is also dying off - literally.   Follow my blog and holler at me sometime, I have some ideas to reach out to the youth hunting and fishing world.
Maybe those folks at Apple computer know what they're doing?
 
Small Boy with Laugh Lines
A.D.D. is AWESOME

No comments:

Post a Comment