Follow our Feed

Follow our Feed

Monday, February 28, 2011

Kid Fishing - BIG

Carp are not pretty, carp are not fancy, but carp get big and kids don't care what they catch.  They, to use ESPN language, say - SCOREBOARD when a 20 lb fish comes to the deck.  HOWEVER, there is a behavioral disorder associated with Carp.  Such as:
SCORE BOARD!


SCORE BOARD!!!!!

Wandering through church one day an acquaintance saunters up - mouth on full auto, bluetooth enabled.  "Hey, I understand you fish with your kids.  Your son was talking about catching a 15 pound fish??  Dude, I took my son and he kept whining, 'this is boring, we're not catching anything.'  He fishes with a basic push button and can't sit still.  So and so told me you got a knack for this kid thing." 
"So, how do you do it?" 
Ooh, boy, there it is - immediate loss of man card.  The feaux pas is lurking, I have felt the scorn.  But like a hyperactive three year old,  I blurt out, "We do a lot of carp fishing, it is really easy, you just take some dough bait and………"  and, and, the reaction is the same almost every time.  (This dude has a cool bass boat matching his truck, shirt, hat, you know the drill) 
He cuts me off mid sentence, the Bluetooth must have a cardiac monitor - it starts flashing - much faster.  Barely drops me a  - "Thanks" and walks off.
My ego, toughened after two solid decades of Carp fishing prowess, knows he is missing out on a great time.  If you would like to take your kids fishing, for BIG - relatively easy fish - post a comment and I'll give you the scoop and the full length article.

No comments:

Post a Comment